Wednesday, 18 March 2009

HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!



We started the day with our first Holy Mass in English,at the school, Thanks to Fathers Robert Becser and Dennis Hess for celebrating and to teacher Kati Szel for helping with the English language hymns. During the week Sean Thompsom, our Anglo-Irish teacher in residence will be doing presentations on Ireland. Parts of the school have been bedecked in green, with leprechauns prancing about. Thank you to Mary Mile in Toronto for sending lots of St. Patirck's Day decorations and a terrific green tie. I was unfortunately not lucky with my "Kiss me I'm Irish" button.
English culture class has become Irish culture class this week. We started be casting the snakes out of Ireland (represented by hoola hoops and with rubber snakes). There will be green food and lots of songs as the week progresses. Not to leave the staff out I baked some Irish scones and brought in a bottle of Irish creme liquer.

No comments:

Post a Comment