Sunday, 1 March 2009

English Cooking!?


English cooking often gets a bad rap, but it can be very exciting and fun. I've always loved cooking and baking and one my culinary ventures this year has been to discover the cooking of Jamie Oliver. I enjoy his cooking programs (so do my youngest daughters who often watch along with me) and his television specials. His website, cookbooks and tv programs are full of great ideas and recipes. Yesterday in honour of St. David I made milk chicken, orange sage potatoes, and apple pie, all recipes from his website, and all things that I've cooked before. If you are one of those who think the Brits have nothing to offer in terms of culinary expertise then give Jamie a try. What I'd like to try is to teach some of these recipes in an English class, but the logistics are still unsolved, maybe one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment